“Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" -John 1:29
Pointing somewhere else...what a concept. In a culture where the needs and wants of the individual often trumps the needs and wants others, it makes little sense to divert away from ourselves. And yet this is what we see John the Baptist doing as he sees Jesus walking by...pointing others to Him. That is what we want to do through Worship Arts at River Valley.
What is "worship?" Jesus said that true worship happens in "spirit and truth." We believe that worship is our genuine response to the truth of who God is, to the person and work of Jesus Christ on our behalf, and to the Spirit's ongoing work of restoration in our world. We respond to God with love of heart, soul, mind and strength and with love for each other. This reminds us that worshipping God is bigger than a song, a dance or a painting. It is expressed through every aspect of our lives. However, as we come together as a family of co-laborers who are together seeking to love God, one another and our neighbor in Jesus Christ, we will seek to honor Him through the talent and creativity that He has given to us.
- We believe that our worship to God in spirit and truth will:
- Have God's word (the Bible) as it's final authority
- Be an opportunity for God to speak to us and for us to respond to God
- Have its basis in the gospel - the new covenant between God and man in Christ Jesus
- Address God's triune nature...Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Draw us into community with other believers
- Not be merely inward but outward (service and witness)
- Be relevant to our culture but not enslaved by it
- Be done with zeal and the best of our abilities in response to grace
We acknowledge the rich heritage of our ancient faith handed down to us in the beautiful writings, hymns and art of the past, and yet we are also constantly looking for fresh and weighty expressions of this faith in music, poems, and art and seek to join the two. We acknowledge that all beauty is God's beauty and all truth is God's truth as has been revealed in His word and all creation.
Our Worship Arts team at River Valley currently includes the following opportunties for serving:
Music Team (vocal and instrumental)
Tech Team (mixing audio, setting up and running video presentation software during worship gatherings/practices)
For more information please about Worship Arts please contact Rob Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org.