Children are precious to God and we recognize that they are the future leaders in the church and the world. Our River Valley Kids ministrry was desgned from the ground up with this in mind. We desire our children to grow into adult maturity as committed disciples of Christ, filled with a knowledge of God that dramatically transforms both their work and home environments. Students are challenged to move from examining God to experiencing Christian friendship to expressing their faith at school and in their families. Our RV Kids staff seek to demonstrate a love for the Lord and a commitment to seeing their students grow in their understanding of who God is, who they are and what God has done for them in Jesus Christ.
River Valley Kids believes...
- the Bible should be presented to children with an emphasis on God's story of creation, fall, redemption, and restoration (Deuteronomy 6:6-9; Romans 1:16-17)
- ...the responsibility for a child's spiritual growth rests primarily in the hands of his or her parents or . We desire to come along side of, support and encourageparents in their role as spiritual leaders (Ephesians 6:4)
- ...we should pray for the children and rely on the Holy Spirit to regenerate their hearts through the faithful teaching of His Words (Romans 10:17; Ephesians 2:4-10)
- ...in living a life before children that models how Christians respond to God's call, each other, and the whole world around them (Matthew 5:16; 1 Corinthians 11:1)
- ...caring for children is not a right, but a privilege. We are accountable for the way we minister to and care for them (Matthew 18:5-6)
River Valley Kids offers the following classes...
September 2019 through May 2020
Nursery (0-3 years); Preschool (3-5 years); K-1st Grade; 2nd-3rd Grade, 4th-5th Grade
River Valley Kids utilizes The Gospel Story curriculum for our Preschool through 5th Grade classes. We also utilize The Attributes of God from the Village Church for our K-1st Grade class as well as the New City Catechism for 2nd - 5th Grades.
Family Worship Sundays:
Our K-5th graders join us in the worship gatherings every 1st Sunday of the month. These weeks are opportunities for parents and kids to attend the Sunday worship gatherings together. We hope you will embrace the opportunity and engage your kids in the songs, the message, the giving, and the community.
Kids Worship Sheets are provided in the foyer to aid families to learn to engage in the worship gathering together.
Other ideas for helping your kids transition and begin engaging in worship can include:
- Bring paper and crayons
- Ask kids to draw what they see and hear
- See what words they recognize in the songs
- Encouraged older children to follow along and take notes
We have partnered with KidCheck to improve security and to streamline the check-in process. To create a KidCheck account for faster check-in, CLICK HERE.
If you have any questions about RV Kids, or are interested in serving, please contact Bob Comarsh at 530-933-9465 or email@example.com.