Loving our neighbors. Loving our city. Loving the world.
We believe all followers of Jesus Christ have been called to missional living. We live out this mission through loving and building relationships with those who do not follow Christ and looking for opportunities to live out and share the gospel through every area of our life. We are also called to live out the present and coming kingdom of God by pushing back the darkness through a commitment to justice and mercy. We have opportunities as individuals and a church community to join with or come along side of ministries and organizations who are committed to taking the good news of Jesus to those who don't know and committed to mercy and justice in His name. And, our church community may have opportunity to be directly involved in local expressions of our mission right where God has planted us.
Locally, River Valley Church is involved with organizations in our city such as:
- Regional Emergency Shelter Team (R.E.S.T.) is a cooperation among churches and organizations to offer temporary shelter and meals to local homeless women, children and families during the coldest months of the year. For more information about R.E.S.T., contact Tamie Russ at 530.923.0263 or visit restyubacity.org
- A Woman's Friend Pregnancy Resource Center knows that unplanned pregnancies can create a lot of questions with no easy answers. They offer help for understanding all options. They offer services, even the ultrasound exam, free of charge. A Woman's Friend cares about the health of women. And because they do not perform abortions or arrange adoptions, they have no financial interest in your decision. Their services are available regardless of income, race or religion. More more information about A Woman's Friend, visit awomansfriend.org
- Yuba-Sutter Young Life doesn't start with a program. It starts with adults who are concerned enough about kids to go to them, on their turf and in their culture, building bridges of authentic friendship. These relationships don't happen overnight — they take time, patience, trust and consistency. For more information about Young Life, contact Brad Distad at 530.635.5881 or visit yubasutter.younglife.org
We also partner with the following organizations who work outside of our city:
- The Gideons International distribute complete Bibles or New Testaments printed in more than 90 languages to individuals or in selected public locations where people will have the ability to encounter the Word of God. For more information about The Gideons, contact Bill Lindholm at 530.682.4770 or visit gideons.org
- The Cooperative Program utilizes combined gifts from local churches affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention to send and support missionaries both in the US and around the world, train pastors, and other ministry leaders through six seminaries around the US; provide relief for retired ministers and widows; and address social, moral, and ethical concerns relating to our faith and families. For more information about The Cooperative Program, visit sbc.net/cp/
- Bible Couriers International takes the scirptures into places where access to them and to the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restricted. They also seek to pray for opportunities to support restricted churches and to educate free churches about their ministry taking scripture where it's so desperately needed. For more information about Bible Couriers International, contact Angela Choate at 530.742.5396
- Living Well Romania is the ministry of missionaries Aaron & Ana Stafford. God has called their family to help Romanian families discover the truth of His love and the joy of relationship with Him. They long to see the hearts of husbands and fathers turn towards their families, for wives and mothers to find their worth and value in Christ, for the abandoned children to be defended, protected and embraced, for Romania to rise up and be all God intended her to be! For more information about Aaron & Ana, please visit livingwellromania.com
- Acts 29 Church Planting Network is on mission to band together churches, which, for the sake of Jesus and the gospel, plant new churches and replant dead and dying churches around the world. This work is done in obedience to the great commission (Matt. 28:18-20), with the goal of seeing millions of lives changed by the power of the good news of Jesus Christ. For more information about Acts 29, contact Bob Comarsh at email@example.com or visit acts29network.org